Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mexico City, Where to Stay

Mexico City is one of the biggest cities in the world; with a population of over 20 million people in the metropolitan area, this metropolis might seem a little overwhelming at first, but there is no doubt that this city is one of the most beautiful in the world. The colors, flavors, history, and the rich culture of the capital of Mexico, make this city a favorite for travelers from around the world. For the first 14 years of my life I called Mexico City home, but today I will write about this city not as a resident, but as a tourist.
As a tourist I have stayed in one of two hotels, both located in the historic center of Mexico City and I will tell you about them just so you have an idea of what to expect. My favorite hotel by far was the Hotel Gillow. Cheap by American standards, this hotel can charge $80.00 a night for a suite! The rooms are clean, spacious, and beautiful, and the hotel's restaurant is delicious (it serves Spanish Food). If you are looking for something even cheaper, then try the Hotel San Antonio (555-512-9906). This hotel charges around $30.00 a night for a room with two bedrooms and a bathroom. However, if you are squeamish around cockroaches then I would recommend you to stay away from this hotel. Both hotels have an excellent location and very reasonable prices, but these are two out of hundreds of hotels; I would definitely recommend to check the HotelesenMexico website where you can find hotels that adjust to your budget.
*Prices are in American dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment